The Complete Crossdresser Shaving Guide
For some crossdressers, getting rid of body hair can be a dilemma or even a challenge because it's almost always necessary but not always easy.
Have you ever felt like your body hair was growing back, no matter how often you shaved?
Or, even worse, do your legs and arms often get red, and the skin on the parts you just shaved gets itchy?
Are you new to cross-dressing and wondering how to shave your legs and other body areas to get smooth skin?
Shaving can be a little daunting at first, but you'll get the hang of it with practice.
Whether you're just starting out or have been shaving for years, this guide is here to help you achieve the perfect shave.
Before we get into this comprehensive guide on getting the smoothest, longest lasting shave, we want to quickly suggest an overall better alternative to shaving.
I want you to imagine a life without shaving...
Picture this: your mornings are calm, unhurried, with a few extra minutes to savor your coffee. There's no rush, no nicks, no pain—just smooth, flawless skin every single day.
Think about it—no more razors, wax strips, or cans of shaving cream cluttering your bathroom.
No more scheduling costly salon appointments or enduring that all-too-familiar sting of waxing.
Imagine, instead, a life where you can say goodbye to all these hassles forever.
Sounds like a distant dream, right?
Welcome to a revolution in beauty and self-care
With KetchBeauty's IPL Handsets, you're not just purchasing a product; you're investing in a lifestyle.
A lifestyle where:
- Freedom from hair removal chores is not a monthly splurge but an everyday reality.
- Saving time is measured not in minutes, but in months reclaimed.
- Economic savvy means saying no to recurring expenses on blades and waxes, and yes to a one-time investment for lifelong returns.
And the best part?
It's not just us making promises; it's our community bearing witness.
- Noticeable results in 1-3 weeks
- Works everywhere that hair grows
- Quick 9-min treatment
- 180 day money back guarantee
- 700,000 pulses | Lifetime warranty
- 4 interest-free installments, or from $31.59/mo with Shop Pay.
- Noticeable results in 3-4 weeks
- Works everywhere that hair grows
- Quick 9-min treatment
- 90 day money back guarantee
- 4 interest-free installments, or from $16.16/mo with Shop Pay
But what makes KetchBeauty different?
- Quick 9-minute treatments that fit seamlessly into your busy lifestyle.
- Tailored effectiveness, with five energy levels to target every hair and every curve with precision.
- Safety and satisfaction, backed by over 30 strict certifications and a guarantee that if you don't love your results, we've got you covered with up to a 180-day money-back promise.
- Cost efficiency that defies comparison—why spend thousands over a lifetime when you can own the solution outright?
Special Offer Just for You:
Your skin deserves the touch of KetchBeauty's FDA Cleared, Skin-Safe Technology.
Cheaper than razors, waxing, or salon laser treatments, our IPL Handset is your ticket to a shave-free, carefree life.
Ready to redefine your beauty routine?
Say goodbye to unwanted hair and hello to smooth, radiant skin.
It's not just an IPL Handset; it's your new morning ritual.
The only thing you have to lose is hair you already don’t want.
Let us help you out of a hairy situation.
Ready to get started?
B.T.W. Don't forget to use your exclusive code before it expire.
Embrace the comfort of smooth skin with KetchBeauty, where luxury meets convenience.
Now, let's jump into this comprehensive shaving guide; the following tips and techniques will get you the best results.
Who Is A Crossdresser
A crossdresser is someone who dresses in clothing typically associated with the opposite gender.
For example, a man may dress in women's clothes or a woman may dress in men's clothes.
Crossdressing is not necessarily tied to any particular sexual orientation; a person who crossdresses may be heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, or asexual.
Some people dress in clothing that is associated with both genders; this is sometimes referred to as "ambigender" or "genderqueer" dressing.
Crossdressing is different from transgenderism, which means changing your gender identity in a more complete and permanent way.
However, some crossdressers do identify as transgender. Crossdressing can be done for various reasons, including self-expression, relaxation, and sexual arousal.
Some people crossdress regularly, while others only do it on occasion. There is no correct way to crossdress; ultimately, each person dresses in a way that feels comfortable and authentic to them.
Difference between transgender and crossdresser
Transgender is an umbrella term for people whose gender identity or how they act/feel does not match the sex they were given at birth.
For example, a transgender man is someone who was assigned female at birth but identifies and lives as a man.
Crossdressing, on the other hand, is just putting on clothes that are usually worn by the opposite gender.
A crossdresser may or may not identify as transgender. Some crossdressers describe themselves as "transgender", while others prefer the term "crossdresser."
Ultimately, each person chooses the language that feels most comfortable and authentic to them.
Crossdresser Shaving Guide
Crossdressing shaving can be a little daunting at first, but you'll get the hang of it with practice. So let's get started!
1. Decide What You Want to Shave
The first step in shaving as a cross-dresser is to decide what you want to shave. Do you want to shave your entire body or just certain areas?
Are you looking to achieve a completely smooth look, or are you okay with some stubble? Once you've decided what you want to shave, you can move on to the next step.
2. Choose the Right Razor
The next step is to choose the right razor for the job. If you're looking for a completely smooth shave, you'll want to choose a razor with multiple blades.
However, a single-blade razor will suffice if you're okay with some stubble. It's also important to choose a razor designed for sensitive skin, as this will help avoid irritation.
In the case of touch-ups, electric razors can be helpful.
An electric razor would allow you to cut back on stubble peeping through your makeup if you shaved earlier in the day.
Check out the 7 Best Razors for Transgender Women and Crossdressers
3. Prepare Your Skin
It's important to prepare your skin before you start shaving.
This means cleansing your skin with soap and water to remove any dirt or oil that could clog your razor.
You may also want to use a pre-shave oil or lotion to protect your skin further.
4. Exfoliate Before Start Shaving
Exfoliation is the process of removing dead skin cells from the surface of your skin. This is important because it will help to ensure that you have a smooth shave.
You can exfoliate your skin using a scrub, loofah, or cloth. Simply massage the exfoliating product into your skin for about 60 seconds before you start shaving.
5. Apply Shaving Gel or Cream
The next step is to apply shaving gel or cream to your skin.
This will help protect your skin while you shave and provide a smooth surface for your razor to glide over. Apply the shaving gel or cream in a thin, even layer.
6. Shave in the Direction of Hair Growth
When you're ready to start shaving, it's important to shave in the direction of hair growth. This will help to avoid irritation and razor burn.
Start by shaving your legs in long, smooth strokes. Then, move on to your arms, chest, and back.
Finally, shave your face in small, circular motions. Ingrown hairs can result from going against the direction of hair growth.
7. Rinse Your Skin
Once you're done shaving, it's important to rinse your skin with warm water. This will help to remove any soap or hair that may be clogging your pores.
You may also want to use a post-shave balm or lotion to soothe your skin.
8. Moisturize Your Skin
After you've finished shaving, it's important to moisturize your skin. This will help to soothe any irritation and restore moisture to your skin.
For the best results, choose a moisturizer designed for sensitive skin.
Avoid common shaving mistakes
Now that you know how to shave as a crossdresser, let's take a moment to discuss some common mistakes that people make when shaving.
- Not exfoliating before shaving. As we mentioned earlier, exfoliation is an important shaving process. This is because it helps to remove dead skin cells from the surface of your skin. These dead skin cells can clog your razor without exfoliation and cause irritation.
- Shaving against the grain. Another common mistake people make when shaving is shaving against the grain. This means shaving in the opposite direction of hair growth. This can cause irritation, razor burn, and ingrown hair.
- Don't do shaving first thing in the morning. Many people make the mistake of shaving first thing in the morning. However, this is not the best time to shave. This is because your hair is more likely to be brittle and dry. The hair shaft will be more visible if you wait 20–30 minutes for the skin to tighten.
- Not using enough shaving cream. When you're shaving, it's important to use enough shaving cream. This will help to protect your skin and provide a smooth surface for your razor to glide over. Be sure to apply the shaving cream in a thin, even layer.
- Shaving dry skin. Another common mistake people make is shaving dry skin. This can cause irritation and razor burn. Be sure to moisturize your skin before you shave to avoid this problem.
- Using a dull razor. If you use a dull razor, you're more likely to experience razor burn and irritation. This is because a dull razor can tug at the hair shafts, causing them to break. Be sure to replace your razor blade every 5–7 shaves to avoid this problem.
- Using the same razor for every purpose. One mistake that many people make is using the same razor for every purpose. For example, they may use the same razor to shave their legs, arm hair, and face. However, this is not a good idea. This is because the different areas of your body have different shaving needs. For example, your legs may need a different razor than your face.
- Using men's razors. Crossdressers should avoid using men's razors. This is because these razors are designed for men's facial hair, which is typically coarser than women's. Men's razors can cause irritation and razor burn. Instead, crossdressers should use razors that are designed for women.
Try using depilatory creams
If you're looking for an alternative to shaving, you may want to try using depilatory creams.
These creams dissolve the hair shaft, making it easy to remove.
Depilatory creams can be used on the legs, arms, chest, and back. However, they should not be used on the face with sensitive skin.
There are several things to keep in mind when using depilatory creams. First, be sure to read the instructions carefully.
This is because some depilatory creams can irritate the skin if they're not used properly. Second, test the cream on a small area of skin before using it on a larger area.
This will help to ensure that you're not allergic to the cream. Finally, moisturize your skin after using the cream to avoid irritation.
Consider body waxing
Waxing might be the answer if your body hair grows too quickly and gives you a lot of trouble.
It might hurt a little, so be ready for that, but it's worth it because waxing removes the inner part of your body hair, which makes it grow back much slower.
This is also recommended if you want to keep your legs in a feminine shape for a longer time without being able to shave constantly when traveling as a crossdresser or as a transgender person in general (in this case, hormone replacement therapy can slow the growth of body hair permanently) and for dealing with dysphoria.
Try laser removal for a more permanent solution
It is recommended that you undergo laser hair removal if you want to remove your body hair for good, whether you are openly transitioning from male to female or just want to get rid of your body hair once and for all.
Through a series of laser sessions, the root of your body hair is permanently damaged, making it irreversible.
However, if you are genderfluid or crossdress occasionally, you should not do this, as you may experience another kind of dysphoria.
For more information on laser hair removal:
When it comes to electrolysis for crossdressers, a lot of information needs to be considered.
The electrolysis procedure is one of the most effective permanent hair removal methods. Although it is a slower process, it is highly efficient. Crossdressers can use this method to remove their body hair permanently.
Electrolysis is not as easy as it sounds. At different points in the process, small shocks of electricity are sent into the hair roots to kill them for good. It takes a lot of patience and time to get through the process.
Many crossdressers need fast results with less painful methods to achieve their goals. It's not popular among them. Many people undergo this process reluctantly because they do not know of better options.
However, for those crossdressers who are willing to put in the time and effort, electrolysis can be an incredibly rewarding experience. The results are permanent, and once the hair is gone, it's gone for good.
We posted a full breakdown of electrolysis hair removal here: Electrolysis Hair Removal - Everything You Need to Know
Additional tips for crossdressers
Here are a few additional tips that may be helpful for crossdressers:
Make sure you exfoliate and shave
If you can shave, the number of opportunities to show off your sexy legs will significantly grow. Scrubbing (also known as exfoliating) your legs once or twice per week is the recommended method for removing dead skin cells. Many different types of exfoliators are available for purchase, but a simple bar of soap and a pumice stone will do the trick. Always do an exfoliation before beginning the shaving process.
Suppose shaving is not your preferred technique of hair removal. In that case, you might want to think about waxing or electrolysis, depending on how well those options work with your lifestyle and circumstances.
Always use a razor of high quality, and make sure you shave in the following order:
- Soak your legs in water for at least a few minutes, preferably in a bath or shower.
- Spread a very thin coating of shaving cream all over the legs in an even manner.
- Shave against the direction the hair is growing, and we recommend using a razor with a swivel head.
- After rinsing the Legs, check to see if there are any areas you may have missed.
Using moisturizer and bronzer
Try to moisturize daily if you want silky legs that you can show off when you dress. At the very least, moisturize right after shaving, which helps stop "shaving rash."
As spring and summer get closer and hemlines get shorter, make sure your legs don't look like they're still in winter by being pale. Many bronzers and self-tanning creams on the market are perfect for a particular day or night out when you just want a hint of healthy color.
Make sure you wear the right pants and skirts
Even if you don't like showing too much skin, there are still ways to show off your sexy legs.
A man's legs can look like beautiful pins with the right pants and skirts. Leggings are a must-have if you want to wear skintight pants.
If your legs are short, wear pants or skirts with a high waist to draw attention to your waist and the length of your legs.
Try a miniskirt if you're not afraid to show as much leg as possible. If you can't shave or have unsightly male blemishes or varicose veins, wear a pair of our nude opaque tights as a base to make your legs look perfect.
You can always look great by adding some sexy stockings or fishnet tights on top.
Sexy boots or shoes are a must
The proper footwear can make or break your look. If you want to elongate your legs, wear a pair of high heels or stilettos. If you're going to show off your calves, try a pair of our thigh-high boots. Try a pair of cute flats or sneakers for a more casual look. Make sure your shoes are comfortable no matter what you choose, so you can dance the night away!
Can I use a depilatory cream on my legs when I'm cross-dressing?
Yes, but you should always test it on a small area first to see how your skin reacts.
Depilatory creams dissolve the hair shaft, so they can be pretty harsh on the skin. If you have sensitive skin, it's best to avoid them altogether.
View the KetchBeauty Hair Removal Cream here: Full Body & Face Hair Removal Spray (100 ml)
Can crossdressers use an epilator for the legs?
There's no reason a crossdresser couldn't use an epilator on their legs. It may be a good option for those who want to avoid shaving or waxing.
Crossdressers may also want to use a numbing cream before epilating, as the process can be quite painful.
Is it harmful to shave my legs as a crossdresser?
No, as long as you take the proper precautions. Always use a sharp razor and shave in the direction of hair growth to avoid irritation.
Crossdressers with sensitive skin may want to avoid shaving altogether and opt for another hair removal method.
Can I use a laser to remove leg hair as a crossdresser?
Yes, but it's important to note that laser hair removal is a permanent solution. Crossdressers should only consider laser hair removal if they're sure they won't want to grow the hair back in the future.
GET THE KETCHBEAUTY MTF HAIR REMOVAL KIT
At KetchBeauty, we are committed to providing safe and effective hair removal and hair growth inhibition solutions for our customers.
Our products are designed with the unique needs of transgender women and others in mind, and can help you achieve smooth, hair-free skin.
Try our hair removal kit for 180 days and see the difference for yourself!
Use the KetchBeauty MTF Hair Removal Kit in the privacy of your home to remove unwanted facial and body hair while saving a fortune!
This limited time 50% OFF discounted bundle has a lifetime warranty and 180-day money-back guarantee, making it the obvious choice for permanent hair removal for transitioning women.
We know it can be intimidating to take care of your hair removal on your own at home, and that’s why we make it ridiculously easy for you.
- ⭐ One (1) V4.1 IPL Handset
- ⭐ Twelve (12) full-body and face hair removal cream
- ⭐ Twelve (12) hair growth inhibitor cream
- ⭐ Six (6) months V4.1 money-back guarantee
- ⭐ Lifetime V4.1 warranty
- ⭐ Buy now, pay later with Shopify split payment
- ⭐ $1,385 value for only $690 ($695 OFF)
- ⭐ Saves you $7,319+ minimum!
HERE'S HOW OTHER TRANSGENDER WOMEN ARE RIDING THEMSELVES OF UNWANTED HAIR WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK.
Now we'll share how thousands of transgender women are removing their unwanted facial and body hair at home while saving a fortune and how you can do the same.
At this point, you should already be familiar with electrolysis and laser hair removal. Both are effective but also painful, inconvenient, and expensive.
Here at KetchBeauty, We sought to create a brand that would allow transgender women to have a more seamless transition experience.
Founded in 2019, KetchBeauty is one of the few transgender-dedicated brands in the beauty industry.
Our team is devoted to providing valuable products, resources, and content designed to help you express yourself and live the life you want without boundaries.
Your needs are constantly evolving, so we're continually innovating, reinforcing our dedication to becoming a brand you can trust to give unfailing support to make your life easier.
For example, our bestselling product, the V4.1 IPL handset, allows you to perform hair removal treatment from the comfort of your home with a 90-day money-back guarantee and lifetime warranty.
(We dare you to find a better offer)
IPL is very similar to laser hair removal. Still, instead of using a concentrated beam of light, it uses an array of light.
It is A LOT MORE AFFORDABLE than a salon. You can do it from the privacy of your own home.
Our hair removal IPL handsets are engineered for convenience and efficiency, accurately reflecting our capabilities.
To further our mission, we aim to provide more game-changing developments that make your transition smoother.
Knowing who you are is a powerful thing; however, getting the opportunity to showcase who you are is the ultimate wish.
KetchBeauty is revolutionizing cosmetics, so transgender women never have to settle for anything less. A force of empowerment, we're making inclusivity the standard, not the exception.
Our customers leverage their hair removal by using our IPL handsets or MTF Hair Removal kit, which contains:
- One (1) V4.1 IPL Handset
- Twelve (12) full-body and face hair removal cream
- Twelve (12) hair growth inhibitor cream
- Six (6) months V4.1 money-back guarantee
- Lifetime V4.1 warranty
- Buy now, pay later with Shopify split payment
- $1,385 value for only $690 ($695 OFF)
Using this method to tackle your hair removal will save you several uncomfortable visits to the salon; you'll completely avoid the pain associated with laser and electrolysis and save a fortune, amounting to roughly $7,319+ USD.
WE ALL KNOW SELF-PRAISE ISN'T A RECOMMENDATION, SO HERE'S WHAT OTHER TRANSWOMEN HAD TO SAY ABOUT US: