Does Laser Hair Removal Get Rid of Strawberry Legs
- Laser hair removal does help get rid of strawberry legs by removing dark pigmented hairs; this reduces the visual appearance of strawberry legs.
What causes strawberry legs?
Strawberry legs or skin, in general, are caused by a build-up of oils, dead skin cells, trapped hair follicles, and enlarged pores.
Shaving with a not-so-sharp razor doesn't remove the entirety of your follicles, and the leftovers end up causing your pores to clog and darken from the lack of cleanliness.
Other factors that can cause strawberry legs/skin:
- Dry skin
- Folliculitis - is a common skin condition in which hair follicles become inflamed.
- Keratosis pilaris - is a common, harmless skin condition that causes dry, rough patches and tiny bumps.
Best at home laser to get rid of strawberry legs. Guaranteed results within 90 days or your money back.
Results guaranteed within 90 days or your money back.
Besides laser hair removal, here are some other ways you can use to get rid of strawberry legs:
- Use a clean, sharp razor each time you shave – Although this will accumulate over in spending, shaving with a sharp and clean blade is the easier way to stop strawberry skin.
- Exfoliate – Exfoliate dead skin cells from the surface of your skin genteelly to speed up the body's natural process. Your skin naturally sheds dead skin cells to make room for new cells every 30 days or so. Sometimes, dead cells don't clear completely, and this is where exfoliation helps.
- Use a salicylic wash will help with clearing out these follicles. "Salicylic acid is a type of beta-hydroxy acid that is oil-soluble, so it penetrates deep into pores to eliminate excess oil and unclog the pores. It also acts as an exfoliant and helps to get rid of dead skin cells to help improve the tone and texture of the skin. — Marisa K. Garshick, M.D., a board-certified dermatologist."
- At-home laser hair removal or intense pulsed light (IPL) hair removal. Hair removal IPLs work similarly to laser hair removal and can be a more cost-efficient method of getting rid of strawberry legs.
How Laser Hair Removal Works
Laser hair removal works by emitting concentrated light rays converted to heat once absorbed by dark pigmentation found in hair follicles.
The newly created heat is transferred from the tip of the hair to the hair follicle bulb/root causing it to break the connection to the supporting cell without destroying the surrounding tissue.
The destruction of the hair bulb doesn't allow for the follicle to get the supporting nutrients needed to continue or start new hair growth.
The laser hair removal process doesn't sound like a pleasant one, but it can be.
Check out our article on "How to make laser hair removal less painful" to learn more.
Laser hair removal yields the best results on dark hairs and lighter skin tones; precisely skin types Fitzpatrick scale I to IV.
How Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Hair Removal Work
IPL hair removal is very similar to laser hair removal.
The main differentiating factor is the method of light distribution and targeting. Lasers emit light in the form of beams, while IPL emits light in broad waves.
Just light laser hair removal, the light emitted from an IPL device is quickly absorbed by the pigment in the hairs, converted to heat, and well... you know what happens next.
And again, either of these methods is most effective on dark hairs accompanied by a light skin tone for the fastest and best results.
Number of Sessions Typically Needed to See Results from Laser/IPL Hair Removal
It will take approximately 3 to 8 sessions on average for laser hair removal to get the best results.
Each of these sessions will be spaced out by 4- 8 week intervals between treatments.
Laser hair removal needs spacing between sessions to ensure that hairs in one of the three different growth cycles are treated.
These growth cycles are the anagen phase, catagen phase, and telogen phase.
Unfortunately, laser and or IPL are only effective on actively growing hairs, also known as the anagen phase.
The number of sessions will be dependent on the hair removal method you choose, your hair growth cycle, the hair thickness, the area to be treated, and your skin/hair color combination.
It does not matter which method you choose (laser or IPL); you should start seeing some improvement by the 3rd session.
One of the main benefits of at-home laser hair removal (IPL Hair Removal) is that you can pretty much get the same results doing it yourself at home while saving money in the process.
Also, home IPL devices like ours are portable (but need to be plugged in while operating), and you can do your treatments on your own time without leaving your residence.
IPLs are small and easy to use but are just as effective over time as the professional lasers used for hair removal.
With this technology, you can get professional-looking results at a much more affordable price.
Check out "The average cost of laser hair removal" to learn more.
"Will laser hair removal get rid of strawberry legs?" Absolutely! Laser hair removal has been proven to be a highly effective method to get rid of strawberry legs.
With current technological advancements, there's no need for you to suffer from strawberry skin if you don't want to continue having them.
Strawberry legs can easily be removed and prevent with the help of at-home or professional laser hair removal.
Related article: 12 Guaranteed Ways To Get Rid Of Strawberry Legs Forever