IPL Post treatment: What not to do after IPL
There are a few easy steps you should follow to ensure your post IPL treatment goes as smoothly as possible.
Here's what not to do after IPL treatments.
- To lower the chances of skin irritation, do not take hot showers or baths for a minimum of 48 hours after IPL procedures.
- Wait 7 -10 days before doing any form of rough skin exfoliation. This not only prevents irritation but allows hairs to begin the shedding process (if hair removal is your goal).
- Do not attempt to remove hairs or perform any other form of hair removal such as waxing, plucking, and sugaring, you can shave normally after 24hrs.
- Try to avoid participating in any physical activities that would make you sweat. (For the first 1-2 days)
- Do not expose areas treated by IPL to direct sunlight. Sun exposure should be limited before and after IPL or laser treatments.
- Do not use harsh chemicals or skincare products that contain high amounts of vitamin A, such as alpha-hydroxy acids, Accutane, Retin-A (tretinoin), glycolic acid, and retinoic acid.