Female Facial Hair Removal: 6 Most Effective Methods
While most women are blessed with little and exceptionally fine peach fuzz facial hair, some are plagued with darker, coarse facial hair.
However, when a woman starts growing man-like facial hair, it isn’t uncommon to seek out solutions to remove, slow, or even completely stop the growth of facial hair.
Coarse facial hair for women isn't a thing of panic; they are very common and can easily be removed.
Although facial hair may indicate an underlying medical condition, most of the time it is due to an increase in androgen, PCOS, aging, etc. except when there's an unusually sudden growth.
Whatever the cause of facial hair may be, the following are effective and affordable means of getting rid of it;
Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is an FDA approved method of removing facial hair.
This method uses a unique mechanism by emitting light waves to the hair follicles.
This is done to damage the cell of the hair follicles to prevent it from subsequent growth. It can be a long process that can take several months or years to see the result.
Laser hair removal is also the most lasting and more permanent option of getting free of facial hair, but the cost is slightly higher.
Professional laser hair removal is the most expensive and means and requires many sessions that could span up to a year before the result.
With consistent use and patience, your investment will surely pay off in the long term as it pertains to hair removal.
There are several at home laser hair removal devices available; selecting the right one requires knowing the best laser hair removal device.
IPL Laser hair removal is one of the most commonly done cosmetic procedures in the U.S.
To save yourself from unwanted razor burns, painful waxing, and tweezing, the KetchBeauty at-home laser removal IPL device is the best alternative to professional clinic grade laser hair removal for getting rid of unwanted facial hair.
Here’s how at home laser hair removal devices work: it produces high beams of intense pulsed light (IPL) deep down the air follicle.
The pigment in the follicles (melanin) absorbs the light and destroys hair follicles which leads to permanent hair removal over the course of 8-12 sessions.
Typically, IPL hair removal devices that you can use from the comfort of your home is priced between $229 - $500. KetchBeauty laser hair removal comes at a fraction of the market price and twice as effective as most of the market devices.
Shaving your facial hair comes with little or no pain at all. As long as you don’t accidentally nick yourself while shaving.
it remains the most painless way of getting rid of facial hair. However, it isn't the most effective.
Most shaving razors prevent shaving nick due to the presence of a protective guard.
Nowadays, safety razors are becoming popular, thanks to their little likeliness of aftershave irritation and face bumps.
Using a new razor each time you shave your face significantly lowers your chances of actually getting razor burns, bumps, and ingrown hairs.
Getting used to shaving your face as a female may seem a bit strange at first if you have never done it before and you’ll need time to practice and adjust.
Compared to other hair removal methods, there's is a higher probability of ingrown hair with shaving.
To avoid this, try shaving your facial hair with the following technique.
- Wash your face with warm water to soften the hair follicles
- Use a clean towel or rag to remove excess water from your face
- Apply shaving paste, cream, or light soap to your face (olive oil actually works great)
- Following the direction of hair growth, slide the razor or shaving stick over the area with facial hair. (this is called shaving with the grain)
- Rinse your face thoroughly once complete.
- After you’re all done, you can apply a soothing gel or soft moisturizer.
By shaving, expect your hair to grow back in a few days.
Based on how fast your hair grows, shaving has the shortest span between your hair growth, and the hair is only removed down to skin level.
Tweezing is a fast and effective means of removing facial hair…
if you suffer from ingrown hairs or you just have a lot of time on your hands.
It is the plucking of hair from the root with the help of a tweezer.
This method is suitable when there isn't much facial hair but only a few stubborn strands on the face. Although quick, this method will take a significant amount of time and, at worst, irritate sensitive skin whether or not you do it correctly.
When using tweezers, you need to be careful about the direction.
Pulling hair in the wrong direction can be extremely painful. To minimize the after-effects of using tweezers, follow the steps outline below.
- Use a warm moist towel or cloth to dampen your face and rub it clean. This will not only make plucking easier but also prevent the spread of bacteria.
- Pull the skin around the hair around the face taut
- Position the blade of the tweezer as close as you can to the root of the hair.
- Pluck instantly following the same direction in which the air grows.
- After plucking, get an aloe vera gel (this helps to soothe the skin)
A great advantage of using a tweezer is that, when you pluck properly, the hair's root is removed from the follicles.
This can let you remain hair-free for several weeks to months and, when done consistently, will result in little hair growth.
Rather than using a tweezer, epilation is a faster alternative. It involves the use of an electronic device to uproot facial hair.
Using an epilator is a more suitable option for removing thick and coarse facial skin. below is the step-by-step guide to epilating facial hair:
- Start by exfoliating your skin
- Understand the type of epilator you are using; some epilator allows epilation on wet skin while other requires dry skin
- Gently glide over your face in the opposite direction of hair growth without exerting too much pressure
- Move the epilator slowly, as moving too fast will only cut the hair rather than plucking out the root.
- After emulating your facial hair, rub a soothing gel over your face to avoid redness and irritation.
Using the epilator may come with little pain. Over time, you are likely to get used to it.
The lasting effect of epilation is almost similar to tweezing since both involve uprooting the hair.
However, when done in haste or improperly, it gives the same outcome as shaving.
Waxing is effective, yet the most painful method of removing facial hair. A wax strip is a paper strip with a surface lined with wax.
These wax strips are readily available over the counter and can be gotten from local stores.
There are different types of wax from different manufacturers. To find out the best waxing strip, you may need to consider what works best for you.
Waxing is the most common method used at homes for female facial hair removal.
To avoid serious after-effects such as skin redness and inflammation, here's how to safely use a wax strip.
- The method of waxing is somewhat similar irrespective of the product you are using. However, it's essential to read and understand your strip instruction.
- Rub your face with a clean and moist cloth.
- Ensure your skin is completely dry before using the strip. Otherwise, it won't stick
- Rub the strip for warmth and pull the wax strip open.
- Place the sticky surface of the wax sheet carefully on your face.
- Rub in the same direction your air grows.
- Pull off with just one jerk in the opposite direction.
- Remove excess wax from your face with an oily liquid.
- Remove the oily remnants with a clean cloth.
- Do not apply any moisturizer or cream after waxing. Even with redness, this is normal, and doing so could irritate the skin.
Please do note that waxing can cause redness, and this should be expected.
Do not wax more than once on a single spot.
Waxing is one of the most reliable and long-lasting ways of removing facial hair. It removes hair from the root and can keep your face smooth for many weeks to come.
Sugaring is a relatively new waxing alternative for hair removal, which is less painful (allegedly).
There are ready-made sugaring waxes you can get in drug stores.
It may be very tedious to master sugaring on the first try but keeping up the with it will work in the long run.
This is how to use sugaring to remove your facial hair.
- Take a hot shower or clean your face with a soft, warm, and moist cloth. This will help open up your skin pores.
- Make sure to dry your skin completely
- To allow the wax stick well, you can apply white powder to your face.
- Keep your skin taut
- Slowly spread the sugaring wax on your face following the direction of hair growth.
- Allow the wax to settle down and soak your face
- After some minute, gently peel the wax off your face in the hair growth direction.
- Remove the wax from your face and wash it with water.
Unlike waxing, you can treat a single spot multiple times if there is still hair. This shouldn't cause any inflammation.
Sugaring will also keep your face hair-free for a long period that as waxing, and they are easier and painless.
Final Thoughts on Female Facial Hair Removal
The most effective means of removing facial hair is using an at home laser hair removal device.
This approach is FDA approved and certified. An IPL handset is a device that sends a concentrated laser beam of light to the hair follicle to destroy the melanin cells.
This prevents subsequent growth as the cells have been damaged and will mostly result in permanent hair removal.
If you are looking for an impressive at-home laser hair removal device that doesn't sacrifice effectiveness for affordability, KetchBeauty’s at home laser hair removal IPL is the way to go.
This excellent device will get rid of facial hair in no time but don’t take our word for it...
You can get yours here at KetchBeauty today.
Our at-home IPL hair removal device has the same technology used by dermatologists at a fraction of the cost.
This will be the best investment you ever make for your skin.
To learn more about how IPL hair removal devices work check out these articles:
- How to Stop Facial Hair Growth in Females Naturally
- laser hair removal at home
- Best at home laser hair removal
- What is IPL Hair Removal
- IPL vs laser hair removal
- Average cost of laser hair removal
- Does Hair Grow Back After Laser Hair Removal
- Is your skin tone suitable for at home IPL hair removal
- Do this to Prevent Ever Having Ingrown Facial Hairs