Can clay masks cause breakouts?
Trying out a new skincare product sometimes causes a reaction, and clay masks are not left out as they can also lead to a breakout after that first try.
In our recent article " Best clay mask for acne and oily skins, "we shared our results and first impression after using our pink clay mask for the very first time. The insight will be beneficial to you and may shock you.
If your skin has a breakout after trying a clay mask for the first time, there is no need to panic or trash it. The next thing is to try to examine the affected areas to determine what exactly is going on.
If the breakout occurs on areas of your skin that are not prone to it, then it is most likely a reaction to the clay mask, and you should consider stopping the use of the mask.
On the other hand, if the breakout is present at problem areas, then there is a high chance that your pores try to expel impurities such as toxins and bacteria from your skin.
This process is known as purging, and it can last for a few days or take up a whole skin cycle, which is 28 days long. While your skin is purging, it is best to let it breathe by avoiding makeup and staying hydrated at all times.
You should also eat lots of fruits, and try aerobic exercises as it could help to speed up the process. Now you know that clay masks could lead breakout, but this does not mean you should avoid them.
Clay masks are worth trying and could improve your skin condition if you find the right one for you.
Frequently asked questions and related post:
- Can clay face mask clog pores
- How do clay mask clear pores
- Best clay mask for acne and oily skins
- Which is better, charcoal or clay mask
- Natural acne scar treatment
- Are clay masks good for blackheads
- Are clay masks good for hyperpigmentation and dark spots
- How much clay mask to apply
- Are clay mask suppose to burn
- How to get rid of acne scars at home
- Can clay masks cause breakouts
- Do clay masks actually work