Acne scar treatment at home | How to get rid of acne scars at home
Acne scars can have devastating effects on people. Besides its obvious effects on the skin, it usually comes a lot of emotional disturbances. Being the most prominent skin disease, with about 80 percent of people suffering from it, acne scars is undeniably one of the most dreadful skin diseases.
What are Acne Scar?
Acne scars occur as a result of unwanted breakouts. These breakouts are caused by blockages in the skin pores, which eventually leads to the pores being swollen. Swollen pores lead to breakage in the follicle wall, and might cause a kind of shallow or deep lesion that later sprout out on the skin.
Simply, it means your skin pores are blocked by excess oil, bacteria, and some unwanted body substances. This blockage causes the pores to become swollen, and it eventually leads to acne scars.
Causes of Acne Scars
Acne scars are caused by inflamed lesions like cyst, papules, or pustules, which causes breakage in the follicle wall. In a case where this breakage occurs deep into the follicle wall, it causes serious scars that take time to heal. However, if the breakage is closer to the surface of the skin, the lesion heals quickly. Nonetheless, both the deep and the shallow break causes damage to the dermis and some of the skin tissues.
To combat this, the skin forms a fibrous protein called collagen fiber. The collagen fiber is an important part of skin health as it gives flexibility and strength. However, there is usually either an underproduction or overproduction of collagen for shallow and deep breakage.
The underproduction of collagen causes depressed or atrophic acne scars. In contrast, overproduction causes some tissues to be raised on the skin's surface, which is called keloids or hypertrophic acne scars.
Perceived impact of post-acne scars
Acne scars affect skin health massively. It makes the skin feel harder due to the presence of a few elastic fibers.
More important than these obvious skin problems are the series of serious emotional challenges it can cause. Researches have shown that people with acne scars usually suffer from some of the following emotional conditions
How to prevent acne scars
While there are treatments for acne scars, some can be permanent, and some treatments can be costly. The best thing to do is to practice the ways we have outlined to prevent more of them from developing.
The following are easy ways through which you can reduce the risk of scarring from acne.
- Avoid popping your pimples: This is one of the common causes of acne. Popping and picking your pimples pushes some debris inside the dermis, which leads to clogging of the pores.
Also, your hand might carry bacteria, which are also one of the causes of acne scars. It is best practice to allow the pimple to heal by itself.
- Avoid scrubbing your skin too hard: Frequent scrubbing or exfoliation of the face can often lead to skin inflammation and itching, which also causes acne scars.
- Treat acne swiftly: The best way to prevent scarring is to quickly treat acne once you notice it. If there is no improvement after various treatments, you should consult your doctor for more effective treatments.
- Avoid picking at scabs: The scab is the natural coverage the skin uses to protect wounds during the healing process. Peeling off these scabs at the wrong time often leads to lengthy healing time, which might lead to scarring. It is best practice to let the skin shed the scab at the right time.
- Avoid lengthy time in the sun: While it is nice to stay out in the sun either for adventure or relaxation, it shouldn't be extensive. This is because lengthy time in the sun causes dehydration or overproduction of oil in the skin, leading to blocked pores. If your activities revolve around being in the sun at all times, you should ensure you are always hydrated.
Home Treatment For Acne Scars
There are various types of home treatments for acne scars. Below are the common ones:
Pink Clay Mask
This is the best no-side-effect and the most recommended home treatment for acne scars. It is a very natural and soothing treatment that's suitable for people of all skin types. It is so gentle on the skin and shows improvements even after the first use. Check out the KetchBeauty pink clay mask here.
The pink clay mask combines the red and white clay. These two clay types contain materials that offer immense benefit to the skin. The white clay contains kaolin, which helps control the overproduction of oil in the skin. In contrast, the red clay helps skins in need of improved collagen production while also improving skin elasticity.
The best thing about a pink clay mask is that it can be used for prevention and treatment. It also does not have any known side effects and is mostly appreciated by people with very sensitive skin.
Lastly, the pink clay mask helps restore damaged tissues, cleans the skin pores without any damages, regulates sebum production, helps with cell regeneration, and possesses disinfectant properties. To get rid of acne scars quickly and effectively, try out our pink clay mask.
Lactic acid is another well-known treatment for acne scars. It is a common feature of most creams and lotions and is often sold at the local drugstores. It helps to improve skin texture and also reduces the risk of scars.
However, it is not suitable for all skin types and can cause hyperpigmentation (a condition that makes the skin darker or has darkened spots). Hence, you must test any product containing lactic acid on your skin's small area before committing to it. You can totally avoid this risk by using a pink clay mask, click here to buy ketch beauty pink clay mask.
In just about any anti-acne products you see, you will most likely find salicylic acid as one of the constituents. It prevents and lowers the risk of swelling of pores and helps in removing dirt from the skin pores, thereby reducing scarring. Salicylic acid can be used as a prevention and cure for all types of scars.
The only downside to this cure is that it is not really a good fit for sensitive skin. Hence, you must test it on a small portion of your skin before using it on your face.
Alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs)
Alpha hydroxy acids are good for the removal of dead skin cells and, as such, clears clogged pores. Also, with the removal of the skin's outer layer, fresh, healthy, and neat skin becomes visible, thereby bringing out the beauty of your skin.
Alpha hydroxy acids help with treating acne and reduction of the effects of scars.
Sunscreen helps to keep the skin in good condition. It is a good option for the prevention of acne and scarring. Also, it prevents direct exposure to ultraviolet rays, which increases the risk of scarring.
Acne scars – as said earlier – are the most common skin disease. Though they can be frustrating and devastating, they can be treated or, at the minimum, reduced.
Amongst all the home treatments for acne scars, the pink clay mask is the best. This is because of its efficiency, lack of side effects, and suitability for all skin types.
Lastly, the best way around acne scars is prevention. If you don't have it, you don't have to treat it. It is important to note that using a clay mask is one of the most effective acne scar prevention and treatment. KetchBeauty has the best pink clay mask, you can try it out today, and you will be glad you did. Find out more about our clay mask here: Pink clay face mask.
Frequently asked questions and related post:
- Can clay face mask clog pores
- How do clay mask clear pores
- Best clay mask for acne and oily skins
- Which is better, charcoal or clay mask
- Natural acne scar treatment
- Are clay masks good for blackheads
- Are clay masks good for hyperpigmentation and dark spots
- How much clay mask to apply
- Are clay mask suppose to burn
- How to get rid of acne scars at home
- Can clay masks cause breakouts
- Do clay masks actually work